The Sisterhood of Temple Emanu-El reinforces Jewish culture, traditions and religious practices and encourages a personal and spiritual connection among our members. If you want to get involved, please email Karen Farber at .
What does Sisterhood do for our congregation?
- Funds cultural, educational and entertaining programs for women of all ages
- Welcomes new members with a Judaica gift
- Presents siddurim for the b'nai mitzvah
- Sponsors and delivers shiva meals
- Sends Chanukah & Purim packages to college students
- Subsidizes Schecter Middle School students on class trip to Israel
- Funds sisterhood Shabbat
- Provides bimah flowers for unsponsored Shabbat services
- Supports Torah Fund and Hosts its annual Musicale
- Hosts paid-up membership breakfast with educational speakers
How does Sisterhood fund all of the services we provide?
- From your annual membership dues and donations to the Sisterhood Fund
- Though the sale of Purim baskets, Mishloah manot, our biggest annual fundraiser
- Through sales at the Gift shop and flowers for the holidays
Sisterhood of Temple Emanu-El
||Debbie O. Sinensky
|| Torah Fund:
|| Sisterhood Fund:
|Ways and Means:
|| Gift Shop:
||Purim Mishloach Manot:
|| Mindy Sprung
|| Jill Stern
Sisterhood – Teen Philanthropy Partnership - For any teen Temple member that travels to Israel on an organized summer program, Sisterhood is offering a donation of $36 to an Israeli charity. The teen needs to fill out this application in order for Sisterhood to process the donation.
Why Torah Fund?
In most fundraising campaigns, 90% of the money comes from 10% of the donors. In Torah Fund, this truism is set on its ear! Torah Fund is maintained by tens of thousands of women making moderate gifts, totaling over $2.5 million annually!
One way to support Torah Fund is to purchase the all occasion cards. You can view the Torah Fund All Occasion Cards online. These beautiful cards can be yours for a minimum contribution of $4/card or $36 for 10 cards.
Contact Marie Wolpert at to purchase your cards.